Folding in Standalone Version

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
fastjack

Folding in Standalone Version

Post by fastjack »

Hi,

obviously folding doesn't work on my machine, why ever. I saw in the help a screenshot which showed a column on the left side of the text with little triangles. As I understood it, I should click on the triangle to fold the tags contents. So I think I should see a similar column here, but there is none, so I don't have any triangles to click, sadly. I do have a context menu with an option called "Child-Folds zusammenklappen" (german version). And some other folding related options. But: whatever I choose, nothing happens.

I saw your remark in the other folding related thread, that it only allows folding if the code is not structured with content after the fold-tag, so like
<section>
</section><section>...
I checked, this is not the case here. Most, if not all, tags have their own line in my document.

Please elaborate on the folding a little, maybe I have to enable the behaviour somewhere?

Regards
Daniel

PS: I am now using Oxgen 5.1, where I was using Oxygen 4.2 before. I installed it in another directory, but of course the settings are still under "Documents and Settings" (Windows XP) in the same directory and I did _not_ remove that one before the installation.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Daniel,

The folding is disabled if you have line wrapping enabled. Please go to the Options->Preferences -- editor --Aspect page and make sure you have the Line wrap option disabled and the Show fold bar option enabled.

Best Regards,
George
fastjack

Post by fastjack »

Thanks George,

now I see the setting. Removed line wrap and everythings perfect now. Thanks again.

Regards
Daniel