Coptic Unicode returning boxes

Oxygen general issues.
pdilley

Coptic Unicode returning boxes

Post by pdilley »

Whenever I try to enter Coptic characters in various Unicode fonts in oXygen, boxes are returned. This happens both when I type it in a word document, copy it, and paste it into oXygen; and when I try to "insert from character map" within oXygen. Greek fonts, such as New Athena Unicode, produce Greek text within oXygen; however, Coptic characters within these fonts return boxes. Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
adrian

Re: Coptic Unicode returning boxes

Post by adrian »

Hello,

On what operating system are you running Oxygen (Windows XP/Vista, Mac OS X, Linux)?
For representing various character sets Oxygen depends on the support and the fonts installed in the operating system.

You can set the appropriate Oxygen font for your character set in: Options > Preferences, Fonts. There are separate fonts for the Text mode(Editor) and Author mode (Author default font).

If you don't know what font is needed for your text, you can identify an appropriate font by copying a small snippet of text with that character set into the clipboard and then paste it in Wordpad (for Windows) or TextEdit (for Mac OS X). You will see the appropriate font name for the pasted text in the toolbar of Wordpad/TextEdit. You can then set the same font in the Oxygen preferences.
If the pasted characters look like boxes in Wordpad/TextEdit, it probably means that no appropriate font for that character set is installed in your operating system. In that case, you should investigate if the operating system supports the character set you are trying to use and install the appropriate fonts if they are optional or available from a third party.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
pdilley

Re: Coptic Unicode returning boxes

Post by pdilley »

It's working now - thanks!