DITA webhelp output in Oxygen 14 - file not found

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
dariahutch

DITA webhelp output in Oxygen 14 - file not found

Post by dariahutch »

Hi,

I just upgraded to Oxygen 14 and tried the DITA webhelp transform. The generated TOC is looking for .dita files instead of .html files, so clicking on an item in the TOC gives a file not found error.

Firefox can't find the file at /Users/daria/GitRepo/docs/output/webhelp/getting_started/getting_started.dita.

(should be looking for getting_started.html)

Where can I fix this bug in the webhelp output so its looking for html files instead?

Daria
sorin_ristache

Re: DITA webhelp output in Oxygen 14 - file not found

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Please send us some sample files for reproducing the problem: a sample DITA map and the topics that are included in the map. You can send the sample files as a zip archive either through our problem report form or to our support email address (support at oxygenxml dot com) On what platform are you running Oxygen 14.0: Mac OS X, Linux, etc? Also please specify the folder where the DITA map is located when you run the DITA Map WebHelp transform.

Regards,
Sorin
writedoc

Post by writedoc »

I've got the same problem. WebHelp worked fine with v13. With v14, webhelp generated OK and toc displayed but can't display topics. Is there a fix for this yet? Also notice that there is no longer a webhelp folder in DITA-OT/plugins (has this been replayed by com.oxygenxml.webhelp?)
Know yourself first; help others know themselves
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
writedoc wrote:I've got the same problem. WebHelp worked fine with v13. With v14, webhelp generated OK and toc displayed but can't display topics.
On what platform are you running Oxygen 14.0: Mac OS X, Linux, etc? What web browser do you use (name and version number)? Does the view DITA Transformation display errors? Please send us the entire content of the DITA Transformation view after you run the DITA Map WebHelp transformation and also send us some sample files for reproducing the problem: a sample DITA map and the topics that are included in the map. You can send the sample files as a zip archive either through our problem report form or to our support email address (support at oxygenxml dot com).
writedoc wrote:Is there a fix for this yet?
First we have to reproduce the problem.
writedoc wrote:Also notice that there is no longer a webhelp folder in DITA-OT/plugins (has this been replayed by com.oxygenxml.webhelp?)
Yes, the new name of the plugin directory is com.oxygenxml.webhelp.

Regards,
Sorin
dariahutch

Post by dariahutch »

Hi - just got back from vacation, so sorry for not replying sooner. Was hoping to come back to a bug fix for this ;-) I am running on MacOS (Lion) and the problem is there in any browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari). You can reproduce it using any Dita Map and select the webhelp transform. In the generated help file, click on any topic in the TOC pane and you will see the bug. If you use the Search pane, the bug is not there. It is a problem with the XSL template, but I can't figure out where. I'm actually surprised your QA did not catch this before releasing Oxygen 14, as it is definitely a regression.
dariahutch

Post by dariahutch »

I figured out the cause of this issue. If you have customized the web help transform and saved it as a custom scenario, then you hit this issue when using that saved scenario with Oxygen 14. I deleted my custom scenario that I had made with Oxygen 13 and made a new one based on the Oxygen 14 Webhelp transform scenario. Then it worked as expected.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

That depends on your customizations in the 13.2 scenario. The default built-in 13.2 scenario for the DITA WebHelp transformation imported in version 14.0 works correctly. All the links work correctly in the Contents, Search and Index tabs. If you customized the 13.2 XSLT stylesheets or added new scenario parameters that may not work with the built-in scenario from version 14.0. What are your customizations in the WebHelp scenario from Oxygen 13.2?

Regards,
Sorin
EmilyD

Post by EmilyD »

I just upgraded and have the same problem. Can you specify exactly which WebHelp customizations no longer work? Thanks.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi Emily,

Did you customize any XSLT template of the WebHelp transformation? Do you store the XSLT stylesheet containing the customizations in other location than the WebHelp plugin? Can you apply the same cutomization to the WebHelp transformation in Oxygen 14 too? Basically for you the important thing to take into account is that the name of the directory of the Oxygen plugin was changed from webhelp to com.oxygenxml.webhelp. Any XSLT customization should work the same way in version 14 if it is applied to the WebHelp plugin in the new location.

If you can give us more details about your customizations we will be glad to assist you in this transition.

Regards,
Sorin
kmank

Post by kmank »

I resolved this by editing the Transformation Scenario. Change the generate.copy.outer to 2.