Reload XML from URL

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
jamesridge

Reload XML from URL

Post by jamesridge »

I've been working on a site where the XML is generated dynamically and validated in Oxygen. It would be great to have a "reload" button on the toolbar to refetch XML in the active window.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

There is an action that reloads the content of the editor, it is called Revert (File->Revert). You can assign a shortcut for it in the Oprions->Preferences dialog from the Menu shortcut keys to easily trigger it. There is one thing though, the file need to be modified in order to have the revert action enabled so you need to type something then press the shortcut for File->Revert.

Hope that helps,
George
jamesridge

Post by jamesridge »

Cool... That makes things easier.

I still think a reload button would help folks developing in this type of scenario.

Thanks,
Jay
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

We will make some changes to make this work easier:

1. The Revert action will be enabled all the time (not only if the document is modified)
2. If the document is not modified it will not pop up the dialog that asks for revert confirmation.

That should be enough I think to make the scenario you described easy. We will discuss also when these changes will be implemented the opportunity of having also a toolbar button for this action. Maybe in a future version we will have the toolbar actions customizable and that will solve this :) .

Best Regards,
George
jamesridge

Post by jamesridge »

Right on. Thanks for a great product.