Odd XProc issue with cx:unzip

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
newt

Odd XProc issue with cx:unzip

Post by newt »

Hi

I have an XProc script written for a client that seems to fail only when run as a transformation scenario in oXygen (13.2). Are there are known issues with dealing with Archives?

The scenario passes the current archive name to the XProc as an option. This works (I can output the option value correctly). However, none of the steps that use cx:unzip work. They all fail to extract content from the zip. Wrapping the unzip with a try/catch gives me an empty error document in the catch. The catch is clearly being executed but I have no way to see what's happening.

Any ideas? Happy to email the XProc code and a sample archive for testing.
Director, Corbas Consulting
XML and eBook consultancy and training
adrian

Re: Odd XProc issue with cx:unzip

Post by adrian »

Hello,

The Calabash version (0.9.43.93) that is bundled with Oxygen 13.2 has a problem with the cx:unzip and pxp:unzip extensions. Details about this bug can be found on the Calabash web site: https://github.com/ndw/xmlcalabash1/issues/25
This bug was later fixed in Calabash 0.9.44.

Fortunately, we can provide the appropriate library files (Calabash connector for Oxygen + Calabash 1.0.3-93) that you can use to replace the Calabash integration from Oxygen 13.2 with Calabash 1.0.3 for Saxon 9.3 (latest available at this time) which resolves this problem.

To deploy this, follow these steps:
  • Download the new library and connector from:
    calabash1.0.3_Oxygen13.2.zip
  • Make sure Oxygen is not running.
  • Navigate to the lib folder from the Oxygen installation folder and rename the xproc folder (e.g. xproc.old).
  • Unpack the downloaded zip file (calabash1.0.3_Oxygen13.2.zip) on your Desktop or some other location with write access. You should obtain a directory named xproc.
  • Copy or move the xproc directory that was extracted from the archive to the Oxygen lib folder.
  • Start Oxygen and look in Help > About > Components, Libraries for Calabash XProc. It should have the version 1.0.3-93.
Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
newt

Re: Odd XProc issue with cx:unzip

Post by newt »

I was wondering if that was the issue. Thanks for confirming and for given me a fix.

Cheers

nic
Director, Corbas Consulting
XML and eBook consultancy and training