Tag autocomplete

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Eniac

Tag autocomplete

Post by Eniac »

Hello,

I started using oxygen because its better than the rest (and cheaper too O.o)

but there's something that really annoys me and I'd like to know if its because oxygen simply doesn't do it or what.

- It never creates the end tag -

for instance, I would have expected that by writing

<b>

oxygen instantly write </b>

I read in the other threads and forums and it seems to software already does it so why can't I make it work ?

Thanks
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
When I was a little boy I prayed to the lord for a new bicycle.
When I learned the lord did not work in such ways,
I stole one and asked him for forgiveness.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

oXygen works a little different that other editors, that is it does not insert the end tag automatically when you type >. I will add this to our bugzilla and we will try to see how we can handle this. The only thing I'm affraid of is the case when the user deletes the start tag closing (>) and then adds it. In such a case he will end up with another closing tag.

If you insert the tag through the content completion oXygen will insert (by default) also the end tag. Otherwise if you start typing the end tag then as soon as you press </ it will be automatically inserted.

Best Regards,
George
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi again,

Thinking more on this... we can implement that in a smart way. If we cannot find a matching end tag for the inserted start tag then we can insert automatically the end tag when the start tag > in typed. We will add anyway an option to disable this if some users will find it somehow annoying.

Best Regards,
George
Eniac

Post by Eniac »

That sounds outstanding, thank you for the excellent (and fast!!) support you provided.

That'll be a great feature to me because it speeds up my coding a lot.

For now, I just enter my tag as having no end tag (i.e.: <b/>) then delete the /. oxygen puts me the </b> immediately. its the fastest keyboard friendly alternative i came up with.
When I was a little boy I prayed to the lord for a new bicycle.
When I learned the lord did not work in such ways,
I stole one and asked him for forgiveness.