Schema generation from XML document

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
john99
Posts: 15

Schema generation from XML document

Wed May 09, 2012 1:01 am

Hello,

When generating W3C schema from XML document, it seems the tool doesn't pick up any attributes and enumeration values. Is this normal ?. If not how to set it up ?.

TIA,

John
Costin
Posts: 346

Re: Schema generation from XML document

Wed May 09, 2012 10:58 am

Hello,

Did you tried generating schema using a single xml file or a set of files?
In order to investigate what happens, could you please send us some sample file(s) for which you are trying to generate schema and the issue appears?

You should send the file(s) for analysis on our email, which is support AT oxygenxml DOT com.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
john99
Posts: 15

Re: Schema generation from XML document

Wed May 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi Costin,

From several XML files. The tool can only handle one file ?.

John.

Costin wrote:Hello,

Did you tried generating schema using a single xml file or a set of files?
In order to investigate what happens, could you please send us some sample file(s) for which you are trying to generate schema and the issue appears?

You should send the file(s) for analysis on our email, which is support AT oxygenxml DOT com.

Regards,
Costin
john99
Posts: 15

Re: Schema generation from XML document

Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Costin,

I've tried it with one file, it doesn't pickup attributes and enumerations.

John.

john99 wrote:Hi Costin,

From several XML files. The tool can only handle one file ?.

John.

Costin wrote:Hello,

Did you tried generating schema using a single xml file or a set of files?
In order to investigate what happens, could you please send us some sample file(s) for which you are trying to generate schema and the issue appears?

You should send the file(s) for analysis on our email, which is support AT oxygenxml DOT com.

Regards,
Costin
Costin
Posts: 346

Re: Schema generation from XML document

Wed May 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Could you please send us the files for which you are trying to generate XML schema ? Again, you can send them on support AT oxygenxml DOT com.
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
john99
Posts: 15

Re: Schema generation from XML document

Wed May 09, 2012 1:01 pm

It can be any simple XML but I've sent you the file. I've checked this with Altova XMLSpy and it works great.

John.

Costin wrote:Could you please send us the files for which you are trying to generate XML schema ? Again, you can send them on support AT oxygenxml DOT com.
Costin
Posts: 346

Re: Schema generation from XML document

Wed May 09, 2012 5:05 pm

For other users that might be concerned about the enumeration issue:

For both XML element and attribute values, the schema generator/converter used by oXygen (Trang) does not generate enumerations, instead it uses a generic type that covers all the values encountered in the XML instance.

We have logged this as an improvement request in our issue tracking system and it will be analyzed and if found appropriate/feasible, it will be implemented in a future version of oXygen.

Best regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support

Return to “XML Schemas”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest