oxygen editor variable for selected file/folder

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
pmac

oxygen editor variable for selected file/folder

Post by pmac »

Is there an oxygen equivalent of the eclipse ${resource_loc} ?
Meaning the file system path of the selection in the project view.

Everything i could find was based on the file open in the editor which makes it hard to get at parent directories.

I want to do (for source control stuff with p4) simple external tools that do things like

p4 diff ${resource_loc)/...

For example, so i can select a folder in the proj view and see the accumulated diffs below that point.

Thanks

PMac
adrian

Re: oxygen editor variable for selected file/folder

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Unfortunately there isn't such an editor variable for the selection in the Project view. I've added an improvement request for this.
Everything i could find was based on the file open in the editor which makes it hard to get at parent directories.
Note that there are editor variables for the path and URL of the current file directory (parent): ${cfd}, ${cfdu}

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
pmac

Post by pmac »

Thanks.

I don't think the existing vars you mention really help a lot. I want one external tool called something like "diff hierarchy" so i can see pending changes below a "selected" node. I anticipate maybe 4 levels of useful hierarchy (e.t. root, collection, doc, section) ... so having to open a file and have some convention for "parent of open file" or "parent of parent of open file" would drive me to the command line ...

PMac
adrian

Post by adrian »

I'm sorry, I simply tried to offer a workaround.
Only the contextual actions(from the popup menu) in the Project view have access to the project selection and paths.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com