Red error underlining

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
tkuster

Red error underlining

Post by tkuster »

How do I turn off the red underlining of errors in the Author view? I want to edit DITA files that were saved in Arbortext. It turns out that Arbortext inserts nonstandard tags, which Oxygen sees as validation errors, so every word of every line is underlined in red. This interferes with editing. I tried Window > Preferences > Author > Editor > Document checking and , but I don't see anything that will do what I want.
I have Oxygen 11.2 on this machine. (I know, I should upgrade.)
Thanks!
Ted Kuster
Costin

Re: Red error underlining

Post by Costin »

Hello,

In case you want to clear validation errors highlighting only to make the document easier to read for the current session, a quick solution would be to click on the "Clear Validation Markers" button from the toolbar (the icon appears like a "blue X"). Of course, if you have the automatic validation enabled, the highlight (underlining) of the errors will reappear whenever you make changes. To prevent that, you can disable automatic validation, by going, as you may have already noticed, in Eclipse menu to Window > Preferences > Author > Editor > Document checking and unchek the "Enable automatic validation" option.

After you finish editing the respective document, make sure you re-enable the automatic validation option.

In case you want the validation errors highlighting to never appear again, you can leave the "Enable automatic validation" option unchecked. Please note that doing this would disable the automatic validation for any document from any editor. Of course, manual validation will still work in each case.

Let me know if you need further assistance or information.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
tkuster

Re: Red error underlining

Post by tkuster »

Great, thanks Costin. That fixed it. I am OK with validating periodically and not all the time.
Ted