Customize WebHelp

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Bob.Conlin

Customize WebHelp

Post by Bob.Conlin »

Is there a way to specify a different folder for WebHelp customizations? For PDF transforms the parameter dita.dir can be changed to specify a different DITA-OT or customization.dir can be change to specify a different customization folder. I have a few font changes and a header logo that I would like to use for one project but not for all projects, which is what I would get for customizations in the framework DITA-OT webhelp folder.
TIA, Bob
Costin

Re: Customize WebHelp

Post by Costin »

Unfortunately, it can not be specified a different WebHelp customization folder for specific projects only, as the customization.dir parameter in the PDF transformation.

However, for what you want to achieve for your ditamap(custom font and header logo), you can always go into the "Configure Transformation Scenario" dialog and edit the Dita Map WebHelp transformation.

Under the "Parameters" tab you are allowed to specify custom CSS files.
So, in order to change the font, you can point to your CSS file in the "args.css" value field. In your CSS file you can change the font and customize any specific elements as you wish.

To add a header logo, you should first modify the "build.xml" file in oXygen installation dir -> frameworks -> dita - > DITA-OT. In the "dita.inner.topics.webhelp" target, you should modify the "args.xsl" property's value and change the "dita2webhelp.xsl" with your custom xsl file. Before replacing it with the custom one, first make sure that in your custom XSL file to import the default XSL file (dita2webhelp.xsl).

Feel free to contact us in case you need further assistance.

Regards,
Costin.
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support