XML 1.0 DTD

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
Xipsi

XML 1.0 DTD

Post by Xipsi »

I'm new to Oxygen and may be my question is very simple one, but I tried to create valid XML in Oxygen, the program said that it's valid, but when I tried to convert it to XML 1.0 DTD, the program gives the following message: com.thaiopensource.relaxng.output.OutputFailedException
I don't understand if it's my fault, or something else. I tried in different ways (the program converted XML to Relax NG Schema), but when I tried to get DTD, I always get the above-mentioned answer. :(
Thank you in advance.
I need you suggestions
george
Site Admin

Re: XML 1.0 DTD

Post by george »

Hi,

The Generate/Convert Schema action used Trang and the conversion is done in two steps - the first step created an internal model and the second step created the output schema. In some cases the internal model contains information that makes Trang not able to express that in DTD format, and that may be what happens in this case. It will be great if you can post a sample file (maybe simplified from your actual sample) that can be used to reproduce the issue.

On the other hand oXygen provides an alternative action for obtaining a DTD from a schema. Please use from the main menu the Document -> XML Document -> Save Structure action. This should work without problems.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
Xipsi

Re: XML 1.0 DTD

Post by Xipsi »

It really works!!! Thank you very very much!!! I tried as you have said from the menu Document, and I got DTD file!!! Once again, thank you!