DITA-OT 1.5.4

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Bob.Conlin

DITA-OT 1.5.4

Post by Bob.Conlin »

I'm trying to implement the new release of DITA-OT-1.5.4. I downloaded the zip and copied the extracted files to a sub folder with my content files (ditamap and dita). I made a dublicate of a working transformation scenario and changed the paramenter for dita.dir to "${cfd}/DITA-OT154". When I ran the transformation the log looks pretty close to normal up to this:

Code: Select all

transform.topic2fo.index:

BUILD FAILED
H:\SAIS\DITA_XML_Files\DITA-OT154\build.xml:27: The following error occurred while executing this line:
H:\SAIS\DITA_XML_Files\DITA-OT154\demo\fo\build.xml:117: The following error occurred while executing this line:
H:\SAIS\DITA_XML_Files\DITA-OT154\demo\fo\build.xml:283: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field org.dita.dost.util.Configuration.configuration from class com.idiominc.ws.opentopic.fo.index2.IndexPreprocessor
at com.idiominc.ws.opentopic.fo.index2.IndexPreprocessor.<clinit>(IndexPreprocessor.java:63)
at com.idiominc.ws.opentopic.fo.index2.IndexPreprocessorTask.execute(IndexPreprocessorTask.java:96)
I have a copy of the previous DITA-OT as a sub folder with my content files also, this allows me to makes changes without risking the DITA-OT in the Oxygen installation and to deliver the modified DITA-OT with the content files. Thanks for your help.
Radu

Re: DITA-OT 1.5.4

Post by Radu »

Hi Bob,

I think you are still using the DITA OT Java libraries from the older installation.
If you edit the transformation scenario, in the Advanced tab you can click the Libraries button.
Uncheck the checkbox Allow oxygen...., then look for all libraries referenced like:

${frameworks}/dita/DITA-OT.....

Remove this entry:

${frameworks}/dita/DITA-OT/lib/dost-patches.jar

and replace these entries:

${frameworks}/dita/DITA-OT/lib/
${frameworks}/dita/DITA-OT/lib/dost.jar
${frameworks}/dita/DITA-OT/lib/commons-codec-1.4.jar

with the equivalent entries from the custom DITA OT installation.

Oxygen 13.2 (which will probably be available in January 2012) will probably come with DITA OT 1.5.4 bundled.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Also in Oxygen 13.2 we will specify the default libraries for a DITA transformation scenario in a way in which changing the "dita.dir" parameter will be enough to migrate the transformation to use exclusively libraries from that DITA OT.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
Bob.Conlin

Post by Bob.Conlin »

Thanks Radu,

That got it done. I think I must be doing something wrong. I have 4 complete sets of the OT when I should probably have 2. The first 2 are OT 1.5.3 that came with Oxygen, one in the Oxygen install and the second in the same folder as my project content files. The second is where I've been changing title page, headers, foots, etc for the formatting that I want. The second 2 are OT 1.5.4 folders in the same locations. I'm going with the "if it's stupid but it works, its not stupid" approach. I need to learn to use the plugin folders I think.

Thanks again,
Bob
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Bob,

If more of your customization is for the PDF output, you should consider using the customization.dir parameter to point the DITA OT to a customization folder outside the DITA OT directory.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
jvazquez

Post by jvazquez »

I took a look at this thread thinking it might help in my case, but it's not quite what I need. I'm trying to integrate OT1.5.4 with version 12.2 of oXygen for some of my team. I've changed the OT directory and the libraries mentioned here, but I'm still getting a failure. What am I missing?

Julio J. Vazquez
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Julio,

After running the transformation (Oxygen 12.2 + DITA OT 1.5.4) please copy the entire content of the "DITA Transformation" console view and send it to our support email address support@oxygenxml.com. We'll take a look at it.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
jvazquez

Post by jvazquez »

Just sent the log.