Cannot get Tag Insight to work

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Jeff Rubinoff

Cannot get Tag Insight to work

Post by Jeff Rubinoff »

I just migrated computers and installed Oxygen 5.0. I was very disturbed when Tag Insight refused to work, though it had been working fine in 4.2 on my old computer. I then installed 4.2 on the new computer and tag insight still doesn't work.
Tag Insight is definitely on and all preferences are default. The declaration is

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE section PUBLIC "-//Systinet//DTD Internal.XBookDocumentation V5.0//EN" "http://buildsrv/soft/systinet/xbook/5.0/docbook.dtd">
, which is exactly the same as before. Validation works fine. Furthermore, if I start a new tag and want to add an attribute, the attribute menu part of tag insight works fine. However, neither end tag autocompletion nor the element menu works.
Following the suggestion of a colleague who's experienced similar problems, I tried fiddling with the declaration, adding and deleting line breaks and spaces in the declaration. When I restarted Oxygen, tag insight magically worked--but only the first time I tried it! It did not work for any subsequent tags I tried to add.
What the Heck is going on?
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Jeff,

What Eclipse version do you have? We recommend version 3 although we made a plugin for 2.1 that was added for users unable to upgrade to 3.
Please check that you have the plugin for your Eclipse version, if you have Eclipse 3 then you should have the plugin for Eclipse 3.
If you installed the plugin from the zip distribution it is recommended to run Eclipse at least once using the -clean command line option to force it to refresh the plugins.
Check the Eclipse Error Log view and let us know if you get any errors there.
Also, make sure that editor is Oxygen (there were a couple of reports and after a lot of interactions we discovered that there was other Editor started by Eclipse on the XML file). For that use Open with-> Oxygen XML Editor when you open your file.

Let us know how is going.

Best Regards,
George
Jeff Rubinoff

Post by Jeff Rubinoff »

Not running Eclipse at all. Running Oxygen stand-alone.
Jeff Rubinoff

Post by Jeff Rubinoff »

Never mind! Got it to work by hitting the Learn Structure icon. Dur, dur, dur.
You might want to mention this somewhere in the Tag Insight documentation for other non-technical idiot tech writers like myself.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Jeff,

The Learn Structure action uses the document structure to drive content completion. After a Validate action the content completion will switch back to the DTD or the schema specified in the document.
Please check that your DTD is accessible to oXygen, you can do that for instance using the Open file at cursor action from the contextual menu. Also, if that is a large DTD it may take some time before the content completion is able to present proposals as the DTD/schema parsing is done in background.

Best regards,
George
Jeff Rubinoff

Post by Jeff Rubinoff »

Just thought I should mention that the Learn on Open Document preference was indeed checked. Hmmmm.
Jeff Rubinoff

Post by Jeff Rubinoff »

Open file at cursor opens the DTD without problem.