Copying XML editor colors from one installation to another

Oxygen general issues.
ojeulin

Copying XML editor colors from one installation to another

Post by ojeulin »

Hello,

I changed the colors of oXygen XML editor (GNU/linux), and I'd like to copy these colors to another installation of oXygen XML editor, on a different PC (also GNU/linux).
Is there a way to do that? I didn't find a configuration file in my home user.
Costin

Re: Copying XML editor colors from one installation to another

Post by Costin »

Hello,

You should always be able to keep your editor settings (including the color settings) from a previous installation of oXygen.
To do that, you need to export the settings that you currently have in oXygen and then you should import them back into your newly installed application.
This can be done by going to oXygen Menu -> Options -> Export Global Options and provide a name for the settings file you want to save.
Then you have to copy the generated settings file to the other PC and import it in a similar way as above, from the location where you copied the file (from oXygen Menu -> Options -> Import Global Options).

Please note that when you save your current options, all the global options will be saved.

Feel free to ask if you need additional information.

Regards,
Costin.
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
ojeulin

Post by ojeulin »

Thanks for this quick reply. I'll try to import those settings this evening.
If you want to improve your documentation : I didn't find that procedure in the documentation (searched "configuration file").
Costin

Post by Costin »

Thank you for reporting that. We will take a look over it. Hope that importing the previous options did the trick for you.

Regards,
Costin.
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support