Author Mode, Schema aware and Review !

Oxygen general issues.
Vincent

Author Mode, Schema aware and Review !

Post by Vincent »

Hi,

We really like the Schema Aware Editing in the Author mode and it's a very important decisionnal aspect for the top management.

Another important point regarding our specifications is the review mode.
This one is great in Oxygen but... when it's time to edit in review mode... the schema aware doesn't work.

Did I miss something ?

It is critical for us that our user are controled while they edit the document in review mod...

Thank you very much for your support,
The final meeting to validate our specs is at the end of the month. I hope it will make it because I really do like working with Oxygen.

Vincent.
mihaela

Re: Author Mode, Schema aware and Review !

Post by mihaela »

Hi Vincent,

The Schema Aware Editing support is available in Author mode also when the "Track Changes" mode is activated.

For example, the "Smart Paste and Drag and Drop support" works when "Track Changes" mode is on. This means that when you try to paste or drop content that is not valid in the current context, a list of valid insert strategies are presented to you.

The "Smart typing" feature is also available (for example, in some document types cases, if you try to type a letter in an element-only context the text is wrapped in a para).

Indeed, there are some differences on the "Smart delete" support part (deleting with Backspace and Delete). What part of the Schema Aware Editing support are you referring to (that it does not work)? You could give us a sample to better understand your use case.

Thank you for appreciating our product,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

You're right, sorry for the inaccuracies.

Actually, I was talking about deleting with backspace and delete.

In author mode and when review is disabled. If I hit backspace, the caret stops when it reaches the tag and Oxygen alerts : "Can't delete tags of node ...".
That's great !

But, when review is enabled, I can delete all my document if I want...
Is there a way to stop and alert the user when deleting in review mode?

Thank you,
Vincent.
mihaela

Post by mihaela »

The "Can't delete tags of node ..." message is not shown when you delete a sentinel with track changes because the sentinel is not actually deleted after you will accept that change.

There are some differences between the deletion of the sentinels with and without track changes.
When you accept a delete change, a sentinel marked as deleted is removed only if its matching sentinel is also deleted.

For example, if you delete the code between '|' markers with track changes:

Code: Select all

|<para>Para| content</para>
you obtain the following result after accepting the delete change:

Code: Select all

<para> content</para>
So, the para start sentinel is not removed.

For the same sample, with track changes off, if you try to delete the same content with backspace, when you reach the para start sentinel and press backspace the tags are removed (if the result is valid).

Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Ok,

I understand the way of working of the deletion in review mode.

Thanks you for the explanation Mihaela.

Vincent.