Transformed Output display problem

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Warren Grant

Transformed Output display problem

Post by Warren Grant »

When I load up an XML file and its corresponding XSL file to do a standard transform from XML -> HTML I get inconsisten results in the display tabs at the bottom.

On some files I get the Source and Display tabs working correctly, I can see the HTML on one tab and see the displayed results correctly on the second tab. On some file pairs I only see the source not the display. I can still right click and save the results of the display tab to an HTML file then open that file in a browser to view it, but I no longer see the results in the display tab itself.

If it were consistently not displaying it I would think perhaps I had done something wrong with my XML/XSL - and perhaps I have, but since it only displays on some files and not others, I thought perhaps it might be something to do with the Oxygen software itself.

Any help is appreciated, this is a fantastic piece of software.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Dear Waren,

The view that appears in the oXygen results panel is an XHTML view and if you have a stylesheet that specifies html as output/@method value then the generated document will contain a meta tag that is not closed, thus it is not XML well formed and the XHTML view will not render anything.

Anyway the XHTML view is not very powerful and we added an option in the transformer configuration dialog that becames enabled when you specify a location to save the transformatin result: open in browser. You can check this option and the transformation result will be opened in the default browser.

Hope that helps,
George
Warren Grant

Post by Warren Grant »

Thanks for the help George. If I change the output method to XHTML it displays correctly in the preview tab, much appreciated. I don't think that for my purposes changing from HTML -> XHTML output will mean any difference to my project I will have to test it. The ability to use the preview window is a great feature for our editors however, and I glad to have found the solution as to why it was not working.

I am not able to find the configuration option to use an external browser however. I am using version 2.0.1, is this a feature in the new beta version only? or am I missing something?

Oh, and fantastic tool by the way, keep up the good work....

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Warren Grant
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Warren,

I'm glad that worked.
The Open in browser option should be in 2.0.1. In the Transformation configuration dialog select the Output tab and immediatelly after the Save As field there is the Open in browser option which becames enabled once you specify a file in the Save As field. You should specify a file in the Save As field and then click on the checkbox associated with the Open in browser and apply the transformation.

Best Regards,
George
goa103

Post by goa103 »

Hi Warren,
Warren Grant wrote:Thanks for the help George. If I change the output method to XHTML it displays correctly in the preview tab, much appreciated. I don't think that for my purposes changing from HTML -> XHTML output will mean any difference to my project I will have to test it. The ability to use the preview window is a great feature for our editors however, and I glad to have found the solution as to why it was not working.Warren Grant
I'm just curious, I wonder how you managed to set the method attribute of the output element to XHTML, only the xml, html and text values are allowed. Am I wrong ?

JM
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

XHTML is XML so this case was about setting the output method to xml.
XSLT 2.0 has an xhtml method and Oxygen 5 has XSLT 2.0 support.

Best Regards,
George