Images Missing

Questions about XML that are not covered by the other forums should go here.
ditatizer

Images Missing

Post by ditatizer »

I am using Eclipse w/ Oxygen v13 plug-in to connect to a CMS server. I created a topic and inserted some images (right-click insert image..Images from local hard-drive).
The images are visible in the authoring workspace but when I render the PDF file (apply transformation) the PDF renders without the images.
Radu

Re: Images Missing

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Is the topic you are editing local or from the CMS?
If the edited topic is from the CMS then the image should first be copied there using some CMS specific functionality and then linked to the topic directly from the CMS. Oxygen just makes links to the image location, it does not copy it in a certain place.

If the topic is local and the image is also local, the transformation should work.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ditatizer

Post by ditatizer »

Hi Radu, No luck so far. This is what I have done.(Topic in CMS)
1. Using Eclipse, Import the image to CMS (File>import)
2. Verify the images are there by searching DITA perspective. The image is there MyImage.jpg with an filename ID (dit38712328092.image).
3. Added "Fig" element and then an "image"
4. The properties shows (alt=MyImage.jpg) and ( href= dit38712328092.image)
5. Image is displayed in the workspace
-Apply transform renders the PDF page but no image
-Generate output also renders the PDF but no image
Must be an easier way to do this.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
ditatizer wrote:Hi Radu, No luck so far. This is what I have done.(Topic in CMS)
1. Using Eclipse, Import the image to CMS (File>import)
2. Verify the images are there by searching DITA perspective. The image is there MyImage.jpg with an filename ID (dit38712328092.image).
If both the DITA topic and the image are in the CMS and the image is displayed in Author mode of Oxygen plugin (which means the image reference is correct in the DITA topic) then you should just run the DITA Map PDF transform from the DITA Maps Manager view of the Oxygen plugin on the DITA map that includes that DITA topic. But: you need to install and use version 13.1 (which is the current Oxygen version) of the Oxygen plugin for Eclipse because the support for transforming a DITA map directly from a CMS was added in version 13.1. All 13.x versions work with the same license key.

Best regards,
Sorin