SVN client "svn delete --keep-local"?

Oxygen general issues.
ra0543

SVN client "svn delete --keep-local"?

Post by ra0543 »

I'm just evaluating different SVN clients to see which one best suits our needs. Since we already use Oxygen for XML editing, it seems obvious to use the Oxygen SVN client too, but while it is obvious to me how to add a file to versioning using the client, I am wondering (since I can't tell from the help file or other documentation) whether the Oxygen SVN client offers the equivalent opposite functionality for removing a file from versioning while not deleting it from the local file-system, i.e. the --keep-local option with svn delete.
florin

Re: SVN client "svn delete --keep-local"?

Post by florin »

Hi,

Unfortunately, this option is not supported by Syncro SVN Client yet. Most probably, the next major version of Syncro SVN Client (8, and the version of oXygen which will include it) will add this support, when we will try to update our commands to support all Subversion options.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin Avram
<oXygen/> XML Editor
ra0543

Post by ra0543 »

Thanks. When is that likely to be? And will that also bring support for the newly released Subversion 1.7?
florin

Post by florin »

Hi,

We are currently developing Syncro SVN Client 7.1 and it will be released in a month or so.

Subversion 1.7 will be supported as soon as possible, in the version following 7.1. Our client is not working with the native Subversion library, but with SVNKit library (a pure Java library), so we depend on it. The library (with SVN 1.7 support) will be released end of November 2011, so Syncro SVN Client supporting SVN 1.7 will be released somewhere in December-February, depending on what changes will involve the update operation (in order to maintain compatibility with previous versions) and what other features we will include.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
-------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin Avram
<oXygen/> XML Editor
florin

Post by florin »

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that Syncro SVN Client 8.1 was relesed, and it includes support for svn delete --keep-local - use Remove from version control option from the Working Copy view.

Best Regards,
Florin Avram
----------------------
Syncro SVN Client Team
Florin Avram
<oXygen/> XML Editor