Windows file type associations

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Amy

Windows file type associations

Post by Amy »

I just installed version 5 and am having trouble associating the xmap file type with oxygen on windows. I saw this post on the forum which seems to be the same problem.

. . . I'm having trouble getting the PHP file type associated with Oxygen. In an earlier version (4.0?) there was something called Launch Anywhere GUI (or similar) that worked for this.

The workaround is:

We moved to a new installer in v5. This seems not possible indeed.
There is a workaround: you can associate the oxygen.bat script with the php files.

This doesn't seem to work for me, but maybe I'm not understanding the instructions. It looks as though I should be able to open a Windows Explorer window:

1. Click Tools>Folder Options.
2. Click File Types.
3. Under Registered File Types, click xmap.
4. Under Details for xmap Extension, click Change.
5. On the Open With dialog, click Browse.
6. Navigate to the Oxygen 5 install directory and select oxygen.bat
7. Click Open, then OK.
8. In the Folder Options dialog, click Apply and Close.

This does associate xmap with the oxygen.bat script, but double clicking an xmap file in Windows Explorer doesn't open the file in Oxygen. A command window opens, runs the bat file and closes, but Oxygen doesn't launch.

Is there something else I should do?

-Amy
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Amy,

the problem is that the bat file contains relative locations when it builds the classpath and that makes him fail when started from other directory. If you change the oxygen.bat to contain absolute locations then it should work ok. For instance in my case I changed it as below (I used the default location for installing oxygen 5):

Code: Select all

@echo on

SET CP="C:/Program Files/Oxygen 5.0;C:/Program Files/Oxygen 5.0/lib/oxygen.jar"

java -Xmx256m -cp %CP% ro.sync.exml.Oxygen %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

REM Uncomment the following line (and comment the above one)
REM if using the version with the JRE included.
REM jre\bin\java -Xmx256m -cp ".;lib/oxygen.jar;classes;" ro.sync.exml.Oxygen %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7
Hope that helps,
George