Find and Replace by Map Disabled

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
bpopp

Find and Replace by Map Disabled

Post by bpopp »

This has to be something simple, but one of our users is trying to do a find/replace across the DITA Map and this option is disabled. If they right click on the map and do it from there, it selects "Current DITA Map Hierarchy", but it is grayed out and doesn't appear to work. This feature works fine on my machine. We're both running 12.2, but I'm using Editor and he is on Author. There is a map open and selected, by the way.

Thanks,

Brian
Radu

Re: Find and Replace by Map Disabled

Post by Radu »

Hi Brian,

If your colleague has a DITA Map opened in the DITA Maps Manager and right clicks the root node and selects "Find/Replace in Files" the option to search in the DITA Map hierarchy should be enabled and selected.

So maybe your colleague opened the map in the main editor area. This is the only explanation I could think of.

If this is not the case maybe you can send to our support email address (support at oxygenxml dot com) a screenshot with the entire application and the find replace dialog showing the specified problem.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
adrian

Re: Find and Replace by Map Disabled

Post by adrian »

Hi,

In case anyone else stumbles upon this issue.

Currently(v12.2), Find/Replace in Files works only on local files(from the file system). It does not operate on resources from a remote repository(HTTP/FTP, etc). That's why the "Current DITA Map hierarchy" option is grayed out when editing a DITA Map from a remote repository(HTTP, FTP, etc).

We already have request on our issue tracking tool to improve Find/Replace in Files to also work on remote repositories.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com