Eclipse plugin 2.0.2 beta

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
javageek

Eclipse plugin 2.0.2 beta

Post by javageek »

Hi,

After installing the oxygen XML 2.0.2 beta plugin for Eclipse (2.1.0) I started having problems with Eclipse. I've been looking at the log and I could almost swear (almost) that it has to do with the fact that the plugin contains its own implementation of Xerces (don't know which version).

The problem is that after I open an XML/XSL/DTD file, and I try to change perspectives it gives me an error saying that it could not read the perspective. The log shows the followint error:

Code: Select all

java.version=1.3.1_01
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -data d:\workspace -install file:D:/eclipse/
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Jun 04, 2003 16:31:07.338
!MESSAGE Plug-in "org.eclipse.ui" was unable to instantiate class "org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.ResourceNavigator".
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:139)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.DialogSettings.load(DialogSettings.java:186)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.DialogSettings.load(DialogSettings.java:209)
at org.eclipse.ui.plugin.AbstractUIPlugin.loadDialogSettings(AbstractUIPlugin.java:678)
at org.eclipse.ui.plugin.AbstractUIPlugin.getDialogSettings(AbstractUIPlugin.java:517)
at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.ResourceNavigator.<init>(ResourceNavigator.java:183)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
My guess is that after I open an XML file, the xerces from oxygen gets loaded and it starts messing with the rest of eclipse.

Can you change the plugin so that it uses the already available xerces libraries on org.apache.xercers_4.0.7 ?

Thanks!
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We want to take advantage of the latest fixes in Xerces and we always ship oXygen with the latest version of Xerces available at the time of release, therefore we cannot rely on that eclipse plugin.

Anyway we managed to fix this problem as it was caused by setting the context class loader on plugin startup method to the plugin class loader and the 2.0.2 beta3 release will contain this fix. It will be available today.

Best Regards,
George