XProc validation

Oxygen general issues.
newt

XProc validation

Post by newt »

I'm having a vaguely irritating issue with XProc and wondered if there is a sensible way to resolve this. I'm using the proposed p:template step in some of my scripts and I'd love to be able to get oXygen to validate my scripts. However, there doesn't actually seem to be a schema or DTD for XProc anywhere in the install.

So... what is oXygen actually using to to validate the script? Is it something I can modify or update?
Director, Corbas Consulting
XML and eBook consultancy and training
adrian

Re: XProc validation

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Oxygen uses a builtin RNG schema to validate XProc scripts. This schema validates the documents to be conformant to the XProc specification. As a result you will obtain errors when you validate an XProc script that contains such proposed XProc extensions.

However, if you create an XProc transformation scenario(Document -> Transformation -> Configure Transformation Scenario, New), which by default uses the Calabash XProc engine, and then associate this scenario with your XProc script(select it in the Configure Transformation Scenario list and press Save and close), the document will be validated with Calabash XProc. Calabash allows these extensions so the document will be validated correctly.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com