Editor variables - current archive file

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
newt

Editor variables - current archive file

Post by newt »

Hi folks.

Lovely work 12.2. Currently trying to get at least some of my publishing customers to buy copies for their EPUB QA teams.

Anyways... I may have failed to notice a way to do this but is there a way to retrieve the current archive (preferably as a URL) as an editor variable. It would be very useful to be able to pass it to XProc scenarios.

cheers

nic
Director, Corbas Consulting
XML and eBook consultancy and training
adrian

Re: Editor variables - current archive file

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no editor variable that would retrieve the name or path of the current archive from the Archive Browser view.

We did have a previous request for something similar, I'll add your vote for this request on our issue tracking tool.

If I may ask, how do yo intend to use the provided URL? What are you trying to do with it in the XProc scenario?

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
newt

Re: Editor variables - current archive file

Post by newt »

Hi Adrian

What we are running a series of QA scripts across EPUBs, mostly schematrons, wrapped in a single XProc to produce a report for clients. Rather like epubcheck but based on customer requirements rather the epub specification itselft.

Also (see the post I made elsewhere just now), we have an NCX renumbering script that we apply via XProc.

nic
Director, Corbas Consulting
XML and eBook consultancy and training