PHP syntax highlighting

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jayrb

PHP syntax highlighting

Post by jayrb »

I'd like to use Oxygen as my default text editor and I see it theoretically has support for PHP. However, when I open my files, the first half of the doc is one colour, then some limited syntax colouring is applied to the latter part.

I have not identified any special character or pattern which delineates the change.

The PHP coding style is along OOP lines with no HTML in the file.

Any suggestions?

tia,
Jay
Dan

Post by Dan »

We are trying to fix the problem. The syntax highlight stops working when a "<" character is present in the PHP script because it is considered as being a start tag.
jayrb

Post by jayrb »

Thanks for the update Dan, much appreciated. I really like this editor, it matches (at least, if not better) XML Spy at a fraction of the cost.

My fav is NEdit (http://nedit.org) and I would offer this as a great example of an infrastructure for syntax highlighting. They really cool part is that you can define your own parameters and subsequently there are many submissions from users.

Cheers,
Jay
Dan

Post by Dan »

The problem with the "<" symbol inside a PHP block has been fixed. (From version 4).
We use for PHP the same editor mode as for XML. The PHP code is in fact a processing instruction embedded in the HTML document so it is rendered with the processing instruction color.
We will try to find a way to highlight also the PHP keywords inside the PHP block.
jayrb

PHP syntax colouring works in v.5

Post by jayrb »

Thanks very much for getting this to work.