minor thing: Movable Tabs

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
kilhor

minor thing: Movable Tabs

Post by kilhor »

Dear,

When I edit XML files I usually have open many of them and usually wants to have tabs of the two or three that are related to each other to have close each other. The only way how to do it now is to close all the files in question and reopen them.
It would be nice to hava a posibility to rearange the tabs in a similar way as it is possible in e.g. Opera browser.

Thx

K!lhor
smaug42

Post by smaug42 »

I was just thinking the same thing... with many files open, it seems like the tabs jump around (as I edit and they get a asterisk added to the name, or open yet another file). I often loose track of the last file I was working on, or files of a "set" I am working on are scattered in 3 or 4 rows of tabs and I have trouble finding the 2 or 3 that I need out of the rows of tabs. This usually happens when I'm working on a new project and have many related/linked files that I'm assembling into a larger document.

Being able to sort or drag the tabs around would be a huge advantage.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Draggable tabs and views in <oXygen/> standalone is already on our todo list. You can do that already in Eclipse if you use the Eclipse plugin distribution. It is a builtin feature of Eclipse.

Best regards,
Sorin
smaug42

Post by smaug42 »

Cool... it'll be a nice handy addition to an already excellent app. Hard to find other things that it needs these days :-)