Missing link to Preface in TOC

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
chymical

Missing link to Preface in TOC

Post by chymical »

Hi,

I am using Oxygen 12 and the DITA-OT to generate a PDF file. I have the situation where my Preface title appears in the PDF TOC and bookmarks, but the link does not work. Also, in the TOC, the page number for the Preface is missing. All the other links work and have the correct page number. Does anyone know where the link/page number in the TOC is set, and what might be happening?

The ditamap for the preface looks like this:

<frontmatter>
<notices toc="no" href="../../Common/c_Legal_Notices.xml" class="- map/topicref bookmap/notices "/>
<booklists>
<toc/>
</booklists>
<preface href="c_Introduction.xml" class="- map/topicref bookmap/preface ">
<topicref href="../../Common/c_Contacting.xml"/>
</preface>
</frontmatter>

It is the link to c_introduction.xml that is missing; the link/page to c_contacting.xml is fine.

The .fo output looks fine to me, snippet is:

<fo:bookmark-tree>
<fo:bookmark internal-destination="ID_TOC_00-0F-EA-40-0D-4D">
<fo:bookmark-title>Table of Contents</fo:bookmark-title>
</fo:bookmark>
<fo:bookmark internal-destination="_OPENTOPIC_TOC_PROCESSING_d50e658" starting-state="hide">
<fo:bookmark-title>Introduction</fo:bookmark-title>
<fo:bookmark internal-destination="_OPENTOPIC_TOC_PROCESSING_d50e722" starting-state="hide">
<fo:bookmark-title>Contacting Us</fo:bookmark-title>
</fo:bookmark>
</fo:bookmark>...

Any help or suggestions very welcome!

Thanks, John
Radu

Re: Missing link to Preface in TOC

Post by Radu »

Hi John,

I made a small sample to reproduce the problem using Oxygen 12.1 but it seems to work on my side.
Maybe it's because the DITA Map links to topics outside the DITA Map directory. The DITA OT is sometimes sensitive to thinks like this.

If you can make up a small DITA Map project exhibiting the problem maybe you can send it to our support email address and I'll look into it.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
chymical

Re: Missing link to Preface in TOC

Post by chymical »

Hi Radu,

Thanks for your time. I found that the error was because I have customised the XSLT quite a lot, and I had omitted the creation of an ID for the preface. I added that in and it worked fine.

Regards,

John