Editor function to find the closing tag??

Oxygen general issues.
mphare

Editor function to find the closing tag??

Post by mphare »

Hi,

Using Oxygen XML 12.1 in Win7/64

I've used Oxygen since v4 and I guess I've never looked for this before.

Is there a way to quickly locate the end tag if I am on the start tag (or find the start tag if I an on the end tag)?

Kind of like how some C++ / Java editors allow you to find the matching brace.

Thanks,

- m
--------------------------

- mike

GnuPG Key fingerprint = 1AD4 726D E359 A31D 05BF ACE5 CA93 7AD5 D8E3 A876
sorin_ristache

Re: Editor function to find the closing tag??

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

There is an option for that called Highlight matching tag that is enabled by default. It is available from menu Options -> Preferences -> Editor -> Pages -> Text. The function of this option: when you place the cursor on a start tag or an end tag Oxygen underlines both that tag and its matching tag. The pair of tags remains underlined as long as the cursor is on the tag. Did you disable this option in the Preferences dialog?

Regards,
Sorin
mphare

Post by mphare »

No, the problem is my tags may be far apart and I can't see the closing tag when I'm on the opening tag.

I may be at the opening tag and I need to quickly navigate to the closing tag so I can add some new content, or I may be at the closing tag and I need to navigate to the opening tag to do some editing.

Simply highlighting the tags is 'ok' if they structure is small enough to fit on the page, but when I'm writing XSLT scripts, the structures become very nested and can become quite long.

What I'd like is a right click on the tag (opening or closing) and have a 'goto' matching tag option.. something like that.

Thanks,
- m
--------------------------

- mike

GnuPG Key fingerprint = 1AD4 726D E359 A31D 05BF ACE5 CA93 7AD5 D8E3 A876
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hello,

The action you're looking for is "Go to Matching Tag"(Ctrl+Shift+G) found in the contextual menu(exactly as you thought but never checked). This action jumps alternatively between the start and end tag.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com