Shading for attributes in text view

Oxygen general issues.
jasowen

Shading for attributes in text view

Post by jasowen »

We are using the oXygen 12.1 Editor plugin for Eclipse. We are looking for a way to change the color of shading that is used to highlight the selected attribute in the attribute drop-down list of the text view. Currently, the color is gray. We would like to change to a brighter color.
Thanks
Jason
adrian

Re: Shading for attributes in text view

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Are you referring to the attribute content assist popup?

That selection color is global for all Eclipse plugins(it's not specific to Oxygen).
Unfortunately I don't see an Eclipse setting for that particular color, it seems it uses the selection color from the operating system theme.

In my case(Windows 7) I see the same selection color in Windows Explorer(unfocused selection gray/focused selection light-blue).

I guess you could try to adjust the Windows colors. What OS are you running?

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
jasowen

Post by jasowen »

Right. I'm speaking of the attribute content assist popup. We are using Windows XP, version 2002 with SP 3. I found a setting that will change the color of the selected items in the assist popup. Unfortunately, changing the setting also changes the color for many other items in the display of Windows. The setting to use is at
1. Control Panel > Display > Appearance > Advanced
2. Select "3d Elements" and select a different color, such as red
3. Click OK and then Apply

I am hoping that there is a setting in the registry that allows the highlighting color for objects in drop-down menus to be changed, but I am not having luck finding it.
Jason
adrian

Post by adrian »

Unfortunately Eclipse uses a window with a list for content-assist, not a drop-down menu, so the colors that apply to drop-down menus wouldn't be useful here.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com