Modifying docbook.sch

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
dcramer

Modifying docbook.sch

Post by dcramer »

Hi there,
I've created a framework based on the DocBook framework for my DocBook variant. In my version of the framework, I've commented out some rules from docbook.sch, but I still get messages for those rules. I've restarted Oxygen to be sure it's not a caching thing. As far as I can tell, Oxygen finds docbook.sh using the framework's catalog.xml file and the paths in it are relative, so it should be using my framework's docbook.sch.

What have I missed?

Thanks,
David
sorin_ristache

Re: Modifying docbook.sch

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

In the built-in DocBook 5 framework the Schematron rules are embedded in the RELAX NG schema [Oxygen-install-folder]/frameworks/docbook/5.0/rng/docbookxi.rng that is set as the default schema for validating DocBook 5 files (the Schema tab of the dialog box for editing a framework). The Schematron rules do not come from [Oxygen-install-folder]/frameworks/docbook/5.0/sch/docbookxi.sch. If you did not change the schema in the Schema tab of the dialog box when you based your framework on the built-in DocBook 5 one then you should either comment out the embedded Schematron rules from docbookxi.rng of your framework or switch to docbook.sch as the schema of your framework.

Other thing to check is the relative location of your framework in the complete list of frameworks. If your framework comes after the built-in one in this list and the built-in one is also enabled (the checkbox from the Enabled column is selected) then the built-in one takes precedence because the order matters and the first framework whose rules match the edited DocBook 5 XML document gives the schema for validation and also the XML catalog(s) for resolving URIs and external entities.

Regards,
Sorin
dcramer

Re: Modifying docbook.sch

Post by dcramer »

Ah, I see them now in docbookxi.rng. Commenting out from there works.

Thanks,
David