Outline background color in OSX

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
XedMada

Outline background color in OSX

Post by XedMada »

Just upgraded to 12 from 10.3. All is well so far, except I notice one problem that kills the outline view for me. I use a Light foreground on Black background syntax highlight scheme, and its nice that the outline now follows this theme for text now, but it still leaves the background white! This is the third time ive run in to an issue like this with an oX update (I think it was the diff viewer and then xpath builder before this.)

Oh, also sad to see that Compact RelaxNG is still a third-class format. Most people seem to use this format now and the "trang will convert it for you" excuse is pretty lame. Why should I need to convert from the format I naturally edit in so the file can be used in editor I edit it in?

Nice update tho, mac performance seems better over all, thanks!
adrian

Re: Outline background color in OSX

Post by adrian »

Hello,

I'm afraid it's still not possible to customize the Outliner background color. I've added this to our issue tracking tool and we will investigate and provide the means to do this in a future version of Oxygen.

In Windows this can be worked around with a high contrast Windows theme that triggers the equivalent theme in Oxygen. This, in turn, changes the background to black for all views.

Unfortunately the Mac has other means of high contrast. "White on black" seems to invert all the colors of the displayed image which isn't particularly helpful for day to day use.

We'll see what we can do to improve Compact RelaxNG as well. Is there something in particular that you want improved(added) in this regard?

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
XedMada

Post by XedMada »

For our uses embedded Schematron in RNC files is what we are really hurting for.

cheers,
-X
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hello,

The problem with the Outliner background color has been resolved(the editor background is used) and the fix will be available in Oxygen 12.2.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com