Run DITA OT 1.4.3 in Oxygen?

Oxygen general issues.
anderszvensson

Run DITA OT 1.4.3 in Oxygen?

Post by anderszvensson »

Hi,

I'm trying to run an old DITA OT in Oxygen for certain requirements. But when I do, I get the following error:

BUILD FAILED
C:\projects\itt\DITA-OT1.4.3\build.xml:59: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\projects\itt\DITA-OT1.4.3\build_preprocess.xml:116: java.lang.NullPointerException

This line in the build has to do with the antcall, specifying the target (pdf2). Why does it stop here?

I have Oxygen 12.

Regards,

Anders
adrian

Re: Run DITA OT 1.4.3 in Oxygen?

Post by adrian »

Hello,

A DITA-OT distribution/version is usually tested for various problems and sometimes patched to some level to work with Oxygen's features from that version.

You can make DITA-OT 1.4.3 work in v12 but it's a little messy and I'm not sure about how reliable it will be(the DITA-OT patches won't match the expected DITA-OT version).

It's a lot simpler to download and install Oxygen 10.3 which has a built-in DITA-OT 1.4.3.

You can find it in the software archive:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/software_archive.html
You can use your existing v12 license key in 10.3 without any issues(legal or technical).

If for some reason you really need to use DITA-OT 1.4.3 in Oxygen v12, make sure you set these options in the New/Edit DITA Scenario dialog(DITA Maps -> Configure Transformation Scenario, New/Edit):

1. In the Parameters tab, edit the dita.dir argument and set it to your DITA-OT location: C:\projects\itt\DITA-OT1.4.3

2. In the Advanced tab set the Custom build file to C:\projects\itt\DITA-OT1.4.3\build.xml

3. In the Advanced tab press the Libraries button and in the Edit extensions dialog disable the option Allow oXygen to add high priority libraries to classpath and confirm your action. From the populated list edit the following:
- ${frameworks}/dita/DITA-OT replace it with C:\projects\itt\DITA-OT1.4.3
- ${frameworks}/dita/DITA-OT/lib/dost.jar replace it with C:\projects\itt\DITA-OT1.4.3\lib\dost.jar
- remove the last four jars: jsearch.jar, and the three webhelp jars

This should get it working.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
anderszvensson

Re: Run DITA OT 1.4.3 in Oxygen?

Post by anderszvensson »

Ok, thanks! At least I know I wasn't doing anything wrong then, just a problem with version 12 compatibility with older DITA OT. That's good to know. I'll try your suggestions!

Regards,

Anders