Schema in diagram and text view

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
alk

Schema in diagram and text view

Post by alk »

Hi,

I just can't find out how to adjust the settings in such way that a schema is shown in text and digram view at the same time. In Oxygen 11 the screen was always split, so that browsing through the text highlighted the respective element in the diagram view, but now I'm having either the one or the other view.

Cheers
- Alex
adrian

Re: Schema in diagram and text view

Post by adrian »

Hello,

I believe in Oxygen 10.0 it was that way. Starting with 10.1 a new schema diagram model was introduced that made impossible the split editor view of text and diagram at the same time so a new editing mode was introduced, Schema(later renamed to Design).

For the Text mode(Document -> Edit mode -> Text) you can still enable the old schema diagram that splits the editor by going to:
Options -> Preferences -> Editor -> Pages -> Text -> Diagram and enabling the option "Show Full Model XML Schema Diagram".

If you prefer this view of the diagram you may also want to change the initial page for the XSD Editor to Text in Options -> Preferences -> Editor -> Pages. Afterwards you can always switch between the Text mode(with text + old diagram) and Design view(new diagram).

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
alk

Re: Schema in diagram and text view

Post by alk »

Hi,

thanks a lot, that's exactly the information I was looking for - you saved my day!

Cheers
- Alex