Entities in attributes view in author mode

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
ra0543

Entities in attributes view in author mode

Post by ra0543 »

Would it be possible for the attributes view in author mode to allow the direct entry of characters like & as themselves rather than requiring the entry as an XML entity & ? This would make the attributes view consistent with the main editing panel in author mode. The current behaviour for the attributes view in author mode seems to be the same as the main editing panel in text mode. This inconsistency is somewhat confusing for users, and it would be good if the attributes view had the same policy as the mode chosen.
adrian

Re: Entities in attributes view in author mode

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

We do plan to adjust this behaviour in the next version of Oxygen. It will be discussed and hopefully it will be implemented as you have requested. I've added your comments to our issue tracking tool.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ra0543

Post by ra0543 »

I wonder what stage this is at. It makes it somewhat frustrating for cutting URLs from Google books and pasting in as attributes, since they often contain several ampersands which then have to be found and 'corrected' into entity references. I'm sure others must find this a frequent problem too as URLs are often used as attribute values.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Actually Oxygen 12 has improved this aspect.
After you commit the attribute value a warning will appear with 3 possible solutions. The default is to escape the inserted value. So you can OK the warning dialog and the value will contain as escaped entities the illegal attribute value characters like &.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com