Version 12 not saving state?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
sderrick

Version 12 not saving state?

Post by sderrick »

I just upgraded to 12 a couple weeks ago.

Version 11, would reopen the files I had open at the last shutdown. Now in version 12 it doesn't do this? Its a blank editor when started. :oops:

I really miss the feature of restoring its state form the last shut down. Any way I can enable that?

Scott
adrian

Re: Version 12 not saving state?

Post by adrian »

Hello,

It's not that Oxygen doesn't keep its last state, it's that it is forcefully closed before it has the chance to do that.
Windows "shut down" and "log off" have a bad habit of not waiting for the applications to close normally and sometimes close them forcefully.

I doesn't see this working any better in v11.x either. It's generally a better idea to close Oxygen manually and save any modified files before shutting down or logging off. This way you can be assured that its last state is preserved and no unsaved modifications are lost.

We will further investigate if the "shut down"/"log off" behaviour can be improved in any way.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
sderrick

Post by sderrick »

No, this has nothing to do with Windoze shutting down incorrectly.

First I'm on Linux.

Second, I am closing the application my self, not rebooting linux and relying on Oxygen responding to a HUP or SHUTDOWN signal.

In version 11, the state was always saved. With version 12 its completely broken in this regard.

Scott
sderrick

Post by sderrick »

I entered a bug report.
sderrick

Post by sderrick »

opening a local project fixed the problem.

Scott