Automatically (re)open olink db in olink dialog

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
dcramer

Automatically (re)open olink db in olink dialog

Post by dcramer »

Hi there,
When I open the insert olink dialog for the first time, I have to navigate to the olink database for that document. Subsequently in that session, when I open the olink dialog again, it automatically opens the olink database file. However when I close oxygen and reopen the document, oxygen no longer automatically opens the olink database again. I would like either for olink to remember across restarts what olink database is associated with each file or perhaps let me configure globally where to look for an olink database (e.g. say our site convention is that the olink database is always at $(cfd}/../olink.db, I could configure oXygen so that it tries to open that whenever you go to insert an olink.

In any case, the idea is to avoid navigating to the olink db repeatedly.

Thanks,
David
Radu

Re: Automatically (re)open olink db in olink dialog

Post by Radu »

Hi David,

I added as an improvement request the idea to store the location of the olink.db file between Oxygen sessions.
For now there is no easy customization to do in order to achieve what you want.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
kwringe

Post by kwringe »

I agree with David. It would be useful to customize the location of the olink database file.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

So in Oxygen 12.1 (in a couple of weeks) you will be able to use editor variables to specify the path to the olink db file.
So if you will use something like: "$(cfd}/../olink.db" Oxygen will expand it correctly depending on the current edited file.
Between Oxygen restarts the last olink db file path is not restored automatically in the dialog but it is available in the combo box as the last added entry.

The combo box which shows available olink db files will not contain as it did until now the paths to the current edited XML files.

In the standalone Oxygen distribution between different invocations of the OLink dialog for the same file the selection in the Structure and Content trees will be kept untouched.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
dcramer

Post by dcramer »

Thanks ${pdu}/olink.db does the trick for us.

David