how to set the parameters for XSL

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
himanshu

how to set the parameters for XSL

Post by himanshu »

Hi,
I found oxygen very useful when I have an XML file and I've to render it through my XSL file.
However, as per my current requirement, I have an XSL File in which there are many parameters that I set through my java code that includes my XML file also and then my XSL render it. Now to check the functionality of my XSL file I don't want to run the entire java code. Is there anyway in oxygen to set the parameters and then to execute the XSL? If yes from where could i set the parameters.(i read some manuals and i felt that its possible, however, I couldn't find how could i do that) :(
please advise.
adrian

Re: how to set the parameters for XSL

Post by adrian »

Hello,

If you use a transformation scenario you can set the stylesheet parameters in the scenario itself. Create/Edit your scenario(Document -> Transformation -> Configure Transformation Scenario, New/Edit) and in the XSLT tab press on the "Parameters" button. The "Configure parameters" will be displayed and you can add the parameters you need.

If you are using the stylesheet in the XSLT Debugger you can configure the stylesheet parameters from the "Configure parameters" toolbar button(a wrench and a cog). The same "Configure parameters" dialog will be displayed.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com