Oxygen returning errors on Validation with no DTD or Schema

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
alphie

Oxygen returning errors on Validation with no DTD or Schema

Post by alphie »

Hi,
I seem to be running into an unusual and frustrating problem when creating new xml documents. Normally when creating an xml document, I'm prompted by Oxygen to select a DTD or schema by selecting the checkbox or not. When I deselect the DTD/Schema checkbox and start writing an xml doc, Oxygen gives me all these errors telling me that various elements must be declared as I create elements. It didn't used to do this before I upgraded so I'm a little confused as to what's happening.
If I haven't selected that a document should validate against a dtd or schema, why is it doing that? I must be missing something simple.
Thanks for any help in advance.
adrian

Re: Oxygen returning errors on Validation with no DTD or Schema

Post by adrian »

Hello,

By default if there is no schema declaration and no schema association Oxygen should only check for XML well-formed.

However, Oxygen has a large number of Document Type Associations which replace and expand the Schema Associations from older versions of Oxygen. These associations can sometimes accidentally match a document with no schema or namespace so Oxygen ends up validating with a DTD/schema even though that's not what you intended.
e.g. a document with the root 'article' is detected to be of the type DocBook4 and as a result is validated with the DocBook 4 DTD.

You can check what Document Type has been detected for your file in the Properties view(Perspective -> Show View -> Properties), look at the 'Document type' label.

To disable the association for a specific document type you can go to Options -> Preferences -> Document Type Association and uncheck the one that's troubling you.

Let me know if this resolved the problem.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com