Plugin Limbo

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
scotmarvin

Plugin Limbo

Post by scotmarvin »

I have a Mac, OS X. I tried to install the Oxygen plugin, first by dropping the com folder into Eclipse's dropins folder. When that didn't work, I tried to install by the using the Eclipse's install new software feature. Still didn't work.

However, Oxygen displays in list of available software. But there's no file, folder, or perspective associate with Oxygen.

So, I tried to unistall Oxygen, but I got an error:

An error occurred while uninstalling
session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Uninstall, operand=[R]org.eclipse.cvs_root 1.1.100.v20090514-7E79FEc9BJ99r9YFR6JOEF --> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction).
Backup of file /Applications/eclipse/epl-v10.html failed.
File that was copied to backup could not be deleted: /Applications/eclipse/epl-v10.html

So then I uninstalled Eclipse and reinstalled it. Then tried to install Oxygen again from Eclipse, but got this error:

Cannot complete the request. See the error log for details.
"oXygen XML Editor and XSLT Debugger" will be ignored because it is already installed.

I supposedly have the plugin, but I can't run it and I can't uninstall it.

Any ideas?
adrian

Re: Plugin Limbo

Post by adrian »

Hello,
So then I uninstalled Eclipse and reinstalled it. Then tried to install Oxygen again from Eclipse, but got this error:

Cannot complete the request. See the error log for details.
"oXygen XML Editor and XSLT Debugger" will be ignored because it is already installed.
Did you remove the leftovers(delete the old eclipse folder: /Applications/eclipse) and started installing it from scratch?
Because if you uninstalled and reinstalled in the same folder and the old plugins were still there then you are back to square one.

And secondly, just to be sure, after you unpack the com.oxygenxml.editor_11.1.0.v2010022216.zip (the current build of Eclipse plugin) in the dropins folder the folders hierarchy should look like this:
dropins
-com.oxygenxml.editor_11.1.0.v2010022216
--features
--plugins

Make sure the folder hierarchy is correct without extra levels.

Also, after installing a plugin if it isn't recognized sometimes it helps running eclipse with the command line argument -clean .

Let me know if any of these helped.

Regards,
Adrian

PS: What version of Eclipse are you using?
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
scotmarvin

Re: Plugin Limbo

Post by scotmarvin »

Thanks for the reply, Adrian. I finally figured it last night and had done what you suggested.

My idiocy apparently knows no bounds.

I'm up and running again, though still at a loss as to why it didn't work in first place. Oh well.

I appreciate your help.