Oxygen 10.3 runs out of memory

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
crult

Oxygen 10.3 runs out of memory

Post by crult »

Hello,

i have this problem: When i apply a XSLT scenario, the trasformation begins but after a certain amount of time the software stops itself saying that there's not enough memory (it is a oxygen's message, not by the system). It is due to the large number of files that i transform at once? Thank you.
crult

Re: Oxygen 10.3 runs out of memory

Post by crult »

I tried also with a smaller folder but the software always stops after copying 350-380 files in the target folder. I tried to an another pc but same result.
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

From your previous posts on the forum I understand you are running Oxygen in Windows XP. In this case edit the oxygen.vmoptions from the Oxygen installation folder and adjust the -Xmx parameter.

If its value is lower than 512m increase it to -Xmx512m or even -Xmx640m.
If it is -Xmx700m and you have enough physical memory(2GB or more) you can increase it to -Xmx1024m or -Xmx1500m. I don't recommended going above 1500m as the JVM will not be able to allocate so much memory.

Let me know if this resolves the problem.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
crult

Post by crult »

Yes i'm running Oxygen in Windows Xp. I've 1 gb of ram in this system and i tried the -Xmx640m. That goes better (i have more results now) but the problem remains, i understand that it's normal with the little amount of my ram...I wanted to try this in an another pc with 2gb of ram and use -Xmx1500m but there's another problem. This pc runs windows vista and i can't install oxygen because something is going wrong with java there. I tried to install the lastest version but the installer of oxygen can'y continue saying something for java. Have you any idea? Thank you very much!
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

For the installation, if all else fails you can download and unpack the All platforms distribution(tar.gz):
http://www.oxygenxml.com/software_archive.html
Look for All (Linux, Unix,etc.) kit.
It needs a JVM installed on the machine and you can launch it with the command line launcher: oxygen.bat

To change the amount of memory edit the launcher(oxygen.bat) and look for the -Xmx argument

If you don't mind, can you provide a screenshot of the installer error and maybe the install log. The log file is created in Temp(C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp) and has the prefix i4j_nlog.
If possible send them to support@oxygenxml.com
Also, did you install any Windows Vista updates recently on that machine?

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
crult

Post by crult »

I don't know much for the updates because that's a friend's machine not mine. Possibly i think that it's always up to date. I'll have the opportunity to try with the all-in-one distribution toomorrow or on Sunday and i'l give you some information. Thank you very much for the support so far. Have a nice day!
crult

Post by crult »

Problem resolved! Try it in 4gb memory machine and i gave 1500mb to th jvm. Now that works perfectly. Thank you very much for the help :D