Single quotes inserted around parameter value

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
pwatt

Single quotes inserted around parameter value

Post by pwatt »

Hi,

I'm using Oxygen 11.1 to transform docbook XML into PDF. It's been transforming fine for ages...until recently when I tried setting
the parameter local.l10n.xml to something other than the default value: document(''). When I try to set it back to the default value, the default value is enclosed in single quotes: 'document('')'. Now the transformation scenario doesn't work anymore (error message: The value is not a node-set). I tried removing the single quotes by opening the xpr file and removing them. But they always get put back when I look at the scenario (Configure Transformation Scenario). And the transformation still fails.

How can I get rid of the single quotes?
Thanks
adrian

Re: Single quotes inserted around parameter value

Post by adrian »

Hi,

The single quotes you are seeing are not part of the value, it's just the way a string value is displayed in the table(between quotes).
The problem is that the parameter should be a node-set but it is set by Oxygen as a string. This is actually a bug that we've been investigating.

In your case, resetting the parameter to its default value is simple, just click the Disable button and it will no longer be specified, leaving it to its default value.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
pwatt

Post by pwatt »

Thanks,
Patricia
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Starting with Oxygen 12.2 which will be released in April 2011 each parameter from the XSLT and XQuery transformation scenarios will have an XPath checkbox that will allow setting the type of the parameter to XPath. That means you will select the XPath checkbox for your parameter and will set document('your-document-here.xml') as value. The expression document('path-of-XML-file.xml') will be evaluated as XPath expression and the result will be passed to your XSLT transformation. It will work for the processors that support XPath parameters: Saxon 9 and XSLTProc for XSLT, Saxon 9 for XQuery.

Regards,
Sorin