[Oxygen 11.1]Transformer not found (but present...)

Oxygen general issues.
lanz

[Oxygen 11.1]Transformer not found (but present...)

Post by lanz »

Hi all,

Since my last installation of Oxygen Editor 11.1 (Build ID(s): 2010011310) I noticed an error message on the bottom of Oxygen Window :
The message says :
E [Saxon-HE 9.1.0.5] The transformer 'Saxon-HE' is not present! Please install it in the folder: file:/C:/Program Files/Oxygen XML Editor 11/lib/
but I have double check, saxon9.jar and saxon9ee.jar are present in this folder...
Any idea to resolve this issue ?
Thanks
adrian

Re: [Oxygen 11.1]Transformer not found (but present...)

Post by adrian »

Hello,

The saxon9.jar is not included in the Oxygen 11.1 kit. You probably have it from an older Oxygen installation or maybe you have added it yourself.

Just delete 'saxon9.jar' from the <Oxygen-installation-directory>/lib and it should work.

If you don't have a customized framework for Oxygen and if you want to make sure no other jars are left from previous installations then it would be better to uninstall it, remove any files that the uninstaller left behind and do a clean install.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
lanz

Post by lanz »

Thanks Adrian, it works know.
But I notice, this problem came with a recent Oxygen update, I did not have any problem with Oxygen 11.1 build 2009121712.

Lanz
adrian

Post by adrian »

lanz wrote:But I notice, this problem came with a recent Oxygen update, I did not have any problem with Oxygen 11.1 build 2009121712.
Maybe it only became apparent with the latest build.

I believe the last version of Oxygen to have 'saxon9.jar' was 9.3 which only had Saxon B.
In 10.0 it was switched to Saxon-SA 9.1 (saxon9sa.jar) and in 11.0 again to Saxon-EE 9.2 (saxon9ee.jar). So unless you had a 9.3 and kept upgrading it in the same directory it's unlikely to have happened.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
lanz

Post by lanz »

Yes, it only became apparent with the latest build.
In fact I was trying to use another XSL processor with a previous version of Oygen (11.0 I guess). I did't succeed but I let the jar in lib folder.

So one las tquestion, is there a way to use another XSL processor (i.e. Saxon-PE 9.1.0.5) in the Debugger perspective ? I know it is possible in Editor perspective through a transformation scenario but what I want is to debug with another processor ! ;-)

Thanks
Lanz
adrian

Post by adrian »

You can create the transformation scenario with the XSL processor that you want. But instead of Apply Transformation Scenario you can use Debug Scenario (Menu: Document -> Transformation) which will automatically switch to the XSLT Debugger Perspective and select the appropriate XML, XSL and processor which were configured in the scenario.

You could also do this without a scenario and manually switch to the XSLT Debugger perspective(menu: Perspective) and select the XML, XSL and processor.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
lanz

Post by lanz »

adrian wrote:You can create the transformation scenario with the XSL processor that you want. But instead of Apply Transformation Scenario you can use Debug Scenario (Menu: Document -> Transformation) which will automatically switch to the XSLT Debugger Perspective and select the appropriate XML, XSL and processor which were configured in the scenario.
When I try this, Oxygen (11.1) warn me that "The transformer Saxon-PE 9.1.05 is not supported in debbuging mode. Use Saxon 6.5.5"
adrian wrote: You could also do this without a scenario and manually switch to the XSLT Debugger perspective(menu: Perspective) and select the XML, XSL and processor.
I can choose among processor shipped with Oxygen but I can not select customized engine
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

For debugging XSLT you can only use the built-in Xalan, Saxon 6.5.5 and Saxon-HE/PE/EE 9.2 engines for which Oxygen has customizations to support debugging.
You can see all the engines available to the debugger in the Debugger engine toolbar in the XSLT Debugger perspective.

It just occurred to me that you are using Saxon 9.1 instead of 9.2. Is there a reason you want to specifically use 9.1?

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
lanz

Post by lanz »

adrian wrote:It just occurred to me that you are using Saxon 9.1 instead of 9.2. Is there a reason you want to specifically use 9.1?
Because we use 9.1 in live process (and we have not yet plan a migration to 9.2).
BTW I found a solution here : http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/topic4695.html : for the time being I will install Oxygen 10.3 to use debugging with Saxon 9.1.

Thanks for your help
lanz
adrian

Post by adrian »

If you absolutely need Saxon 9.1 for debugging then that is the only solution.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza