Middle button paste & scroll

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
bmaisonny

Middle button paste & scroll

Post by bmaisonny »

Hi,

There is a new annoying behaviour since Oxygen 10.3: when I click the mouse middle button, it pastes, as expected, but it also displays a visual way of scrolling in 4 directions. Maybe some people like this scrolling method, but I don't. I didn't find anything about this in the forum or Oxygenxml.com or in the preferences window. I don't have this issue with any other Java software, or with previous Oxygen XML versions (but probably I used a shared JVM back then).

Is there a way to disable this "feature"?

My workaround, so to speak, is to press escape after each middle-click...

Environment: Oxygen 10.3 with it's own JVM 1.6.0_11. Kubuntu Linux 8.10. KDE 4.1.4.

Thanks,
Benoit
sorin_ristache

Re: Middle button paste & scroll

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The visual scrolling symbol tells you that Oxygen entered auto scrolling mode, that is the current editor or view will be scrolled just my moving the mouse without using a scroll bar. It is a standard feature of scrollable components in Java 1.6, it was introduced in Oxygen version 10.3 and there is no way of disabling it in the current version. As you already noticed pressing Esc will exit the auto scroll mode.

Regards,
Sorin
jkh

Post by jkh »

Hi,

I just upgraded to 10.3 and would like to voice my support for Benoit: this middle button scroll sure is annoying! It is common to use the middle mouse button for pasting on X-Windows. Why anyone would think that scrolling should be enabled with this button is a mystery to me.

Will there ever be a 10.4 release that fixes this or am I stuck with 10.2?

Regards,
Janko
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hello,

I understand your grief, unfortunately there will be no 10.4. If the opportunity arises(if we discover some huge bug we missed) we will make another build of 10.3 but that is highly unlikely right now so we cannot make any promises. I'll keep you informed should that occur.

For future versions of Oxygen we will remove this feature for the Linux platform as it interferes with the paste on middle click.

Kind regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com