Preventing users adding words to dictionary

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
sijomon

Preventing users adding words to dictionary

Post by sijomon »

Hi,

A requirements of phase 2 of our enhnacement project is that users should all be using the same standarised, centrally manged, dictionary for spell checking.

I have succesfully dissasembled the standard Oxygen dictionaries, and can now modify them and reassemble to generate the required custom dictionary. I can force the users to use this, and only this dictionary, by deleting all other dictionaries from their Oxygen installations.

What I can't figure out is whether I can prevent the users from adding new words via the 'Learn' button in the spelling dialog. I have tried creating the dictionary .tdi file in the users oxygen directory, but this just throws an error when starting the dialog. Is there anyway to do this?

Many thanks,

Simon.
sijomon

Re: Preventing users adding words to dictionary

Post by sijomon »

Correction:

"I have tried creating the correct dictionary .tdi file in the users home directory and flagging it as read-only, but this just throws an error when starting the dialog. Is there anyway to do this?"
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

If you make the .tdi file read-only the learned words will not be stored for the next session of Oxygen but in the current session the learned words are remembered and applied (ignored in documents) by the spell checker. We will consider adding an option in the framework (edited from Preferences -> Document Type Association) that disables the Learn feature of the spell checker. The framework creator will set the option when editing the framework in Developer role and the authors will use the framework only in Content Author role that is not allowed to edit the framework.

Regards,
Sorin
sijomon

Post by sijomon »

That would certainly address my requirement. Many thanks.