Open last edited files from project

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
csalsa

Post by csalsa »

I am looking at the option Open last edited files from project that is on the Global page of the Preferences in OxygenXML. The online help states:
When enabled, <oXygen/> will open the last edited files from project at start-up. Filer larger than 50 KB are not opened.
But when this option has not been selected, OxygenXML keeps re-opening the files that I had open from my previous session. I had not added these files to a 'project'.

What I expected is that OxygenXML would open with an empty workspace regardless of what was currently open at the time I closed the previous session. Am I wrong?

I am using <oXygen/> XML Editor 10.3, build 2009090215
sorin_ristache

Re: Open last edited files from project

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I cannot reproduce the problem. I closed and reopened Oxygen build 2009090215 with the option Open last edited files from project both enabled and disabled on Windows and on Mac OS X and I could not reproduce the problem. When the option is enabled the files are reopened automatically at the next startup and when the option is disabled no file is reopened at the next startup. On what platform do you run Oxygen? What are the values of the properties os.name and os.version that are displayed on the System properties tab of the Help -> About dialog?

Regards,
Sorin
csalsa

Post by csalsa »

Hi Sorin

It is strange to me that you cannot replicate the problem. I first became aware of it when a team member demonstrated this issue to me as it was an annoyance to them. I then looked to find an option in the preferences to stop files from a previous session being re-opened in a new session. I found the option Open last edited files from project.

I have seen this behavior on three separate installs of OxygenXML as well as in the beta of OxygenXML 11.

The os.name and os.version are:
os.name Windows XP
os.version 5.1
csalsa

Post by csalsa »

I can export my preferences and email them to you if you like. But I will need an email address.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Please send the Oxygen preferences from a machine where the problem can be reproduced using the Technical Support online form.

Regards,
Sorin
csalsa

Post by csalsa »

Oxygen preferences sent as requested.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Thank you for the file. We could not reproduce the problem. You said that you get the problem with Oxygen 11 beta and this was before the release of the final Oxygen 11 version on October 9. Did you try with the final release of Oxygen 11? Please download the latest build (build number 2009110412) and try with that. If you get the problem please send a zip archive with all the files from the user preferences folder, not just one XML file.

Thank you,
Sorin
ra0543

Post by ra0543 »

I noticed this too, with Oxygen 11.0, and it is still doing it with the new Oxygen 11.1 that I installed today. Every time I start Oxygen it opens any files that were open when I last closed it down. The 'Open last edited files from project' option is definitely not checked in the Options | Preferences | Global screen.
adrian

Post by adrian »

@ra0543: Could you please send us to support@oxygenxml.com the Oxygen options file you are using right now so we can investigate the issue.
The file is called 'oxyOptionsSa11.1.xml' and you should find it in:

Windows XP - [user-home-folder]/Application Data/com.oxygenxml
Windows Vista/7 - [user-home-folder]/AppData/Roaming/com.oxygenxml
Mac OS X - [user-home-folder]/Library/Preferences/com.oxygenxml

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Radu

Post by Radu »

Dear Richard,

We investigated the issue.

It appears that you have no project opened in the "Project" view and the checkbox only works when you have a project opened.
We will try to fix this.
In the meantime you can either open an existing project in the "Project" view (for example open the OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR/samples/sample.xpr) or save the new project to disk and the checkbox should work.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
ra0543

Post by ra0543 »

Thanks. I'll try that.

It would be good not to have to have a project open. I don't have any need for projects - I use Windows to manage my few files, and I only need one set of preferences and transformations.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Richard,

I understand exactly your point of view, that's why we are going to fix this in the next minor version (have the "Open last project files" work even if no project is opened). In the meantime you can have a project opened but close the Project view if it is of no use to you.

Happy holidays,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor