Upgrade DocBook XSL in /frameworks safely?

Oxygen general issues.
Zearin

Upgrade DocBook XSL in /frameworks safely?

Post by Zearin »

Just wondering if I download the latest DocBook XSL, can I replace oXygen's older version without breaking anything?
-- Zearin
sorin_ristache

Re: Upgrade DocBook XSL in /frameworks safely?

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

If the names of the stylesheets called by the Oxygen custom stylesheets (the docbook.xsl stylesheets and the HTML/XHTML chunking stylesheets - chunk.xsl) were not changed in the new DocBook XSL version then you should just override the stylesheets from [Oxygen-frameworks-folder]/docbook/xsl with the new DocBook XSL version.

Regards,
Sorin
Zearin

Post by Zearin »

By “override” do you mean that it's safe to copy the new ones over the old ones?

(Basically, what I'm asking is if oXygen's built-in DocBook XSL was customized for oXygen…)
-- Zearin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Yes copy the new stylesheets over the old ones.

Yes there is a type of modifications in the docbook.xsl files: the DocBook built-in parameters are documented so that the documentation of each parameter is displayed on content completion and also in the Configure Parameters dialog of a transformation scenario. That means when you override the docbook.xsl files (for HTML, XHTML, FO, roundtrip to WordML) you will not have documentation for the built-in parameters. However the transformations should work fine.

Regards,
Sorin