Xpath Search across files

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
dtjahjadi

Xpath Search across files

Post by dtjahjadi »

Hi,

I would like to request an XPath search across multiple files similar to your existing "Find/Replace in Files" function.

Thanks,
Danny Tjahjadi
sorin_ristache

Re: Xpath Search across files

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The Find/Replace in Files dialog does not have an XPath search field. Do you mean you want to have such an XPath field in this dialog too (Find/Replace in Files) as in the dialog Find/Replace that is used for find/replace in a single file?

Regards,
Sorin
dtjahjadi

Post by dtjahjadi »

Hi Sorin,

That's right.

Regards,
Danny
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

We already have this request logged in our system. We will consider it for one of the future versions.

Thank you for your request,
Sorin
csalsa

Post by csalsa »

Hi

I also have wanted to have XPath searches across files. I know this would be a time consuming search but sometimes you just need a search like this.

I have tried using the XPath extension:
collection('.?select=*.xml;recurse=true')//

I have found using this API function brittle (especially recursion) and I would not try to share this with my colleagues.

Would it be a simple task to use this existing API function within the 'Find in files' dialog? Does this API extension already do the heavy lifting required to implement this feature?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello csalsa,
csalsa wrote:I have tried using the XPath extension:
collection('.?select=*.xml;recurse=true')//

Would it be a simple task to use this existing API function within the 'Find in files' dialog? Does this API extension already do the heavy lifting required to implement this feature?
No, Oxygen does not use the XPath function called collection for the implementation of find/replace in files. The collection function is implemented by XPath processors but Oxygen does the search with custom code, not by calling an XPath processor.

As I said we already have this feature request logged in our system.

Thank you for your request,
Sorin
paulfinn31

Post by paulfinn31 »

Looking forward on the next release hopefully this feature will be one of the add features. Thanks to the admins and developers for answering any request posted here.more power
Paul Finn
Keyman Versicherung
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

XPath support has been added to the 'Find/Replace in Files' dialog and will be available in version 11.1 which should be released very soon.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com