Compare several files (content) at the same time

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
xinelo

Compare several files (content) at the same time

Post by xinelo »

This is about the Compare Files tool, not about Compare Directories.

I think the Compare Files tool doesn't allow to compare more than one pair of files at once. Would that be possible or feasible?

If I have a long lists of pairs of files to compare, it would be too painful to do it one by one.

Thanks a lot!
Manuel
sorin_ristache

Re: Compare several files (content) at the same time

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

You can open an instance of the DiffFiles tool for each pair of files. The DiffFiles tool is available as a standalone tool with a shortcut created by the installer wizard in the same folder as the main Oxygen shortcut.

Regards,
Sorin
xinelo

Post by xinelo »

Hi Sorin,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Perhaps I didn't explain clearly enough, or perhaps I don't get your point. As far as I can see the DiffFiles tool has the same functionality as the Compare Files tool from Oxygen.

What I would like is to be able to select a number of files or all the files in one directory, on the one hand, and a number of files or all the files in another (or the same) directory, and compare the contents of the former batch against the contents of the latter batch in one go. That is, it would be as the DiffDirs tool, but comparing their content and showing what is different (as the DiffFiles do... for one pair of files at a time).

What I don't want is to have to open manually one file on the left and one file on the right individually for each pair, that would be very time-consuming.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Do you mean you want to select the pairs in the Diff Directories window and with one action to start a Diff Files window for each pair of files from the selection?

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

This topic is continued here.

Regards,
Sorin