spontaneous selection change in css editor

Oxygen general issues.
ceyates

spontaneous selection change in css editor

Post by ceyates »

When using the css editor in the eclipse plugin, version 10.3 while editing within properties (between curly braces) text selection will spontaneously shift to the selector causing it to be deleted and be replaced with whatever I happen to be typing. Something similar happens in the xml editor while editing attributes, except the whole element gets selected/deleted. This is on a Mac OS X 10.5.8 java version "1.5.0_19". My preferences are set to default.
sorin_ristache

Re: spontaneous selection change in css editor

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the problem. We fixed it and we uploaded a new build of the Oxygen plugin to the Download page (build number 200981912). You have to uninstall your current Oxygen plugin and reinstall it from the Download page because we did not change the version number.

Regards,
Sorin
blubb

Post by blubb »

Hello,

the problem appear again in

Eclipse 3.5
Mac OS X 10.6
Oxygen 10.3
Jave SE 6 (64-bit)

Regards
Bruno
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Do you have build 2009081912 of the Oxygen plugin? You can see the build number from Window -> Preferences -> Oxygen. If yes can you post a small sample file and the cursor position when the CSS selector is selected and deleted while you type?

Thank you,
Sorin
blubb

Post by blubb »

Hello,

hmm Buildnumber is lower than 2009081912.
I just read this post uninstalled this Version in Eclipse und reinstalled just the First time. I don't understand why Eclipse installed the old Version again.

Regards
Bruno
blubb

Post by blubb »

I just installed the current zip Package for Eclipse.
Now i have the correct Build and it works :)

Thank you
Bruno
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

When you try install a new build (2009081912) of the same version number (10.3) Eclipse sometimes does not do the installation of the new build because it sees no change in the version number. In this case you have to either try with a new Eclipse installation where version 10.3 was not installed yet or use the zip distribution of the Oxygen plugin which you did.

Regards,
Sorin