XSLT Debugger perspective - Format & Indent for Output text

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
honyk

XSLT Debugger perspective - Format & Indent for Output text

Post by honyk »

Hello,

it would be nice to have any possibility to indent outputed text if debugger is used. My output cannot be indented by default (requirement of next processing) so it is in form of one very long line of text. If I need locate some text in this line, I have to copy all the result, switch to Editor perspective and create temporary document, where clipboard is pasted and then reformatted using Format & Indent action. Sometimes is quite annoying.

Jan
sorin_ristache

Re: XSLT Debugger perspective - Format & Indent for Output text

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

In the Debugger perspective the output of the debugger engine must be preserved. A modification of the output does not help the user to find the problem. To locate a string of text in the output you don't have to copy all the content to a temporary document. Just place the cursor inside the output view and press Ctrl-F (or go to menu Find -> Find/Replace) to find the string using the Find/Replace dialog.

Regards,
Sorin
honyk

Post by honyk »

Hello,

very often also context is important. In case of many nested tags provided as single line it is difficult to find ancestor or siblings. As formatting is not possible, I'll try to set indent=yes in XSLT template for temporary use.

Jan
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Yes, the attribute indent="yes" in the xsl:output element is a normal way of indenting the output of an XSLT stylesheet. I think that is what you should use instead of implementing in Oxygen a modification of the output of the XSLT transformer.

Regards,
Sorin