Creating new Oxygen view

Oxygen general issues.
sijomon

Creating new Oxygen view

Post by sijomon »

Hi again, back for more help ;)

I am writing a Oxygen framework which includes a number of Opertaions.

One of these opens a new dialog containing a web browser component which allows the user to interact with a web site to locate certain data and then the Opertaion uses this data to create an XML fragment to be wrapped around the currently selected text in the author window. This all works fine, however the dialog looks a bit ugly, popuing up in a new window, it would be nicer, I think, if I could reuse the existing Oxygen docakable panel compoenhts, so I could have the user use my browser component like a normal Oxygen view e.g. like Archive Browser or Image Preview etc. Is this possible, and if so can you point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks,

Simon.
sorin_ristache

Re: Creating new Oxygen view

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

It is not possible in the current version (10.2) to create a new dockable view or access directly one of the Oxygen dockable views from an Author custom extension.

Do you mean to browse the folders and files of a website in a dockable view containing the tree structure of the website? What actions to you plan to make available for the tree nodes? Just an action Select File on the selected file node of the tree, that is: use the current node for creating the XML fragment wrapper? If yes I think a dockable view is not more helpful than a file open browser dialog.

Regards,
Sorin
sijomon

Re: Creating new Oxygen view

Post by sijomon »

The web site contains a multi page wizard for identifying and customising legal citations based upon a citation description string (this is the text selected in Oxygen and sent to the website by the Operation). The wizard is sufficiently complex that to re-code it is not feasible so we need to get a user action in Oxygen to open the wizard in a browser and process the citation details retrieved on the last page of the wizard. This is all (nearly) working, I just thought it would look nicer in a dockable panel rather than a seperate window.

If this is not possible, no problem, my custom framework is functionally acceptable as is.

Thanks for the clarification.

Simon.